Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The death of me

Let me just tell you that this morning sickness is going to be the death of me. It is sort of a love-hate relationship. I'm glad I do have it because they say that reduces your risk of a miscarriage. But I HATE it. It literally is wearing me out. I'm constantly running to the bathroom every 30 minutes and it is not just in the mornings. It lasts usually until late afternoon. I know for a fact that when I get it really bad it is because of my prenatals but I have found out that I still get it when I accidentally forget to take it, just a milder version. I have already lost 5 pounds. I know that is normal, but I keep apologizing to this little one because eating is almost impossible except for saltine crackers.

I have asked on facebook for some things that other girls have tried and I'm just going to have to try them and pray that it works. Travis is getting a little tired of me always being nauseous and not wanting to do anything. Once I figure out my remedy, Trav and I are definitely going to celebrate and do something fun.

Besides the morning sickness everything is great. This last Saturday we had to make an emergency visit to my doctor because we had a miscarriage scare, but everythings is just great. The baby is right where is should be and seems to be developing and growing like it should. It was amazing to see the little heartbeat. We got our first ultrasound picture and it is hanging on our fridge. Travis and I are extremely excited. I just love looking at it and seeing our little tic-tac. My next appointment is July 9 and I'm so looking forward to see him/her again. 

When we first found out we were pregnant I was pretty certain that it was twins. I was wrong. Now I feel like it will be a girl. I'm probably wrong again but oh well. People ask what we hope it is and I really am 50%. I don't have a preference. We are just so excited to be able to have children. It definitely has been the biggest blessing.   

1 comment:

  1. Liz the morning sickness is the biggest pain! the one thing that I was told the most is to change vitamins and like most of the girls said take the gummie ones with food. being pregnant is one of the greatest experiences ever, once the yucky feelings subside, but as far as not feeling good enough to do any thing I still havent found away to make that go away and i am due in 2 months its mostly a put a smile on and dont tell the hubby how yucky you feel and let him enjoy one night out on the town when you would rather be in bed snuggling haha I am way excited for you you are going to be an INCREDIBLE mom!

    ReplyDelete