Thursday, June 9, 2011

Finally after 16 months!!!

We have some BIG news. I'M PREGNANT!!!


Travis and I have been waiting for this for 16 months and could not be any happier. We are making both of our parents first time Grandparents. Can I just say the the little one is going to be spoiled beyond belief!


I thought I would share our story because infertility is a hard thing to deal with and our prayers have finally been answered.


Travis and I were married November 21, 2009. At the beginning of February 2010, we both got very strong inclinations to start trying to start a little family. We were both a little skeptical of being married only 2 months and starting now. I'm sure glad that we did though. 6 months passed and we were getting a worried. We wanted to go see a doctor but we were told by several people that they don't treat anyone until after a year of trying. I was bummed. Well at about 9 months of trying I finally decided to go in. I was seen and was told what was wrong on my part. I was immediately put on a medication to help. I would have to go in each month after and get a blood test and a pregnancy test before I started another months pills. If I were to get pregnant on the medication it would hurt the baby. I was on that for 2 months and still nothing. We decided to switch doctors and ask them about Travis as well. Again they told me the same thing and put me on the same medication. They wanted to test Travis as well and he was put on a medication as well. 


A year and 2 months had finally passed by and we were scared that we would not be able to have kids. It was the biggest trial I have ever gone through. All we ever wanted was to be parents. I was taking it the hardest. There were a few times where depression got me and I felt like giving up. Travis was such a wonderful husband and was there through it all guiding and telling me that everything would be alright and work out. Another 2 months passed and Travis decided that he would go into a family doctor and see if he could get referred to a urologist. The doctor had him try a medication for a month before the referral. Well at the end of May the doctor finally set up an appointment for June 22 to see the urologist.


On June 6, the wonderful pregnancy tests came back positive. I was pregnant!! Of course we canceled that urologist appointment right away. We went in on the 7th to my doctor at Madison Woman's Clinic and they took a test as well and gave me the expected due date. February 12, 2012. I am only 4 weeks along right now but I can't hold it back any longer from keeping it a secret.


After 16 months of prayer after prayer, fasting after fasting, doctor visit after doctor visit, blood test after blood test, medication after medication, we are finally able to welcome a little one into our home and be parents. We honestly could not be happier. Travis is thrilled to be able to finally be a dad. I am ecstatic to be a mom. I know there are going to be people with their opinions and rude remarks, but I could honestly not care. Travis, I, and the Lord have made this decision and we are thrilled beyond belief.

3 comments:

  1. hey congratulations!! i hope you're feeling well in your pregnancy. we wish you guys all the happiness! it'll be so fun making your parents first time grandparents! holy spoiled! congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Elizabeth! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations!!! what wonderful news! hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete