On Wednesday the 28, my hubby and I went down to utah to spend the week with my aunts and to go to one of my best friends wedding. We left after my work on wednesday and got to my aunts house late that night. In the morning we headed to Provo to spend time with Travis's best friend Tyler. We went to lunch and went swimming at Tyler's apartment. Later that night we went and met up with some of Travis's old mission buddies. We had a great meal and Cafe Rio and then went back to their apartment to watch a movie. Kung Foo Panda!! haha. That movie is pretty great. It was a lot of fun being able to meet them and hear more mission stories. They sure are a funny bunch.
On Friday was my friends big day. Mercedes Byram married Trefton Drake in the Salt Lake Temple. I was so glad that I was able to witness their sealing. I loved every minute of it. She looked absolutely gorgeous. They sure do make a handsome couple. After the wedding we walked back to our car so we could go to the church for the luncheon. We were just thrilled to see that we had recieved a parking ticket. I was so mad! We were 20 minutes late. They must watch those things like a hawk or have some sort of machine letting the people know that the parking meter is up. After our little tantrum, we made it to the luncheon. That was gorgeous as well. They served this amazing salad, mongolian beef, orange chicken, and rice. The strawberry lemonade was soooo good. It was great to be able to celebrate with my husband, and friends with Mercedes. After the luncheon we headed back to my aunts house.
I took a great long nap and then later that night we went to Ruby Tuesdays. OH MY GOSH!!!! That place is so good. Travis and I got this fruit drink and boy oh boy was it heaven. The best part was that they were refillable and I definitely took advantage of that. After dinner we went to the Great Salt Lake. Travis and I wadded out into it. We walked forever and it did not get deeper at all. The water height stayed just below our knees. It is pretty salty. It stunk so bad. My aunt said that it is because these little flies called briner shrimp come to they shore and mate. There were definitely over a million I swear.
Saturday was pretty fun as well. We had lunch at Leatherby's. I LOVE their ice cream. If you go I recommend Tracie's Peanut Butter Cup. By FAR the best ice cream sunday you will ever have. We visited my one aunt at work and then went back to their house to rest. Later that night we went to the movie, Dinner for Shmucks. That movie is HILARIOUS!!! It is really stupid humor, but it is funny.
Sunday we went to church and had a great bbq lunch. We played games and watched a couple movies. We left early Monday morning to our great little apartment.
I have decided that Vacations are really exhausting and it is so great to be home. The only downfall this week is that I'm leaving again tomorrow to go camping for the rest of the week. That will be a joy in itself. I will keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment