Dear Sweet Baby Girl,
Wednesday, September 28, we got the glorious news of your gender. I cannot express to you how excited we were to find out that you were a girl. At first we were a little shocked because Everyone thought you would be a boy. I was pretty convinced too, but in the back of my mind I still felt like you would be a girl. I had had several dreams about you.
When we went to that appointment, we were both so excited. We actually got to the Doctor's office 15 minutes early hoping they would take us right away. Nope, they were on lunch so we had to wait. When the ultrasound tech called our name I just couldn't stop smiling. As soon as we were in there and she put the monitor on my stomach, she said she knew what you were. It honestly was not even 5 seconds and she was positive she knew. However, she didn't tell us until we had gone through everything first. I just remember seeing your sweet little face.
She went through each part of the body making sure everything was alright. We saw your brain, your heart, and your kidneys. We saw your nose, your lips, your arms, and your legs. After we got through everything and she said you looked great, she got to the position to tell what you were and asked us if we could tell. Your dad and I had honestly no clue as to what she was looking at. But, apparently you were a girl. It was the sweetest news.
She went through each part of the body making sure everything was alright. We saw your brain, your heart, and your kidneys. We saw your nose, your lips, your arms, and your legs. After we got through everything and she said you looked great, she got to the position to tell what you were and asked us if we could tell. Your dad and I had honestly no clue as to what she was looking at. But, apparently you were a girl. It was the sweetest news.
I remember during the whole entire ultrasound you were moving like crazy. She kept calling you a little stinker because she would get the right position to take a picture and then you would move again. When she was doing the side view of you the last time, we could see you opening and closing your mouth. It was just so amazing. I honestly can't wait to have you in my arms.
One of the neatest things by far is feeling you move inside me. Sometimes it feels like you are doing gymnastics or something because it lasts so long. You are most active in the morning when I'm at work and later in the night when I'm laying down before I fall asleep. Your dad has finally been able to feel your little kicks. My favorite thing to do is read to you. I decided right after we found out you were a girl, I was going to start the Book of Mormon over and read out loud to you. I can sit and start reading, and as soon as I stop, you start kicking away. It is almost as if hearing my voice calms you down. I love every minute of it.
Your dad and I are just so excited to have you. I know from the beginning, your dad wanted a little boy, but the reason he kept saying was because he didn't want to mess up being a parent with a little girl. Even though he is still a little scared of messing up, he already loves you so much. He always asks how his two girls are doing. I love how he loves you so much already.
We just love you so much and can't wait until you are here. The time is going by so fast.
Love,
Mom & Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment