Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Caution

I just wanted to share a little story of caution for those that follow my blog. I also want to apologize because I can already tell that the next 6 months of blogging will be nothing but baby related. I'm just so excited and this experience is the neatest and most strengthening time for me. 
So here we go again.

You have already heard my ordeal with morning sickness so I won't go into anymore detail except for a few recommendations. Eat the Gummy Multivitamins. Oh my land are they good, and they don't make you as sick. Another thing that I have found is that sleeping in a little past 7 does me wonders. I can wake up at 6:45 and be so sick, but 7:05 I'm completely fine.

Here is a word of caution for those that like to enjoy meals. It kind of ends with pregnancy. NOTHING sounds good. Living in Saint Anthony sucks with this because if nothing sounds good at home, there is NOTHING to eat anywhere else. There are a total of 3 or 4 places to eat. One of them I loved before I was pregnant and now it sounds like a big bowl of puke. I have had it twice since pregnancy and both times have ended up in the bathroom. Even the thought or sight of that place makes me want to hurl. I'm so nauseous right now writing this because it is that bad.

Another caution. Sleep is never enough. I don't know how many times I just want to crash. Travis has called me boring a handful of times because I just always want to take a nap. I'm trying to be better but sometimes I just can't stay awake. 


My last caution is that physical activity almost kills you. I have never been one to go to the gym, but I could keep up with my family when we played any outdoor games like kickball. I could climb the campus hill without feeling like I was going to pass out. That has all changed. I played kickball yesterday night with my husband's family and I pretty much died. I'm not even running very far and I'm sweating up a storm. It's like a slight jog and I have to take breaks. Even walking around campus to my classes kills me. I literally have to sit down and catch my breath. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. 


I know this doesn't happen with every pregnant girl but I thought I would share. Pregnancy is fun but not always super fun.

1 comment:

  1. Here's another word of caution: You will NEVER eat at that restaurant again. Unless you force yourself to. But you will feel sick, just like morning sickness, even if your child is four years old.

    ReplyDelete