Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Big 20!!

So yesterday was my 20th Birthday. I finally am out of the teenage years. Travis keeps saying, "I finally got the teenager out of the house." And everyone just laughs and laughs. Not that funny. So as you can see my birthday is 5 days before christmas. I tell you it absolutely sucks!! Travis has heard me complain this whole month of my deep desires to celebrate my half birthday instead of my real one. The reason I don't like it is because everyone is so busy with Christmas and it is hard to have a birthday and then Christmas right after the other. They usually end up being combined. Well this year defines the year of all years. Travis is the most wonderful husband. He made it the best birthday ever. I can't wait for the years to come.

Well to begin. I had already got my birthday present I thought on Black Friday. A super nice coat so I was not expecting anything else. (pictures will be coming soon.) On Saturday my mother treated me to a nice hair cut and highlight which I extremely needed. I ended going to my parents after. Travis was supposed to come after he got off work at 2. He didn't end up coming until around 5:30. I thought he was just watching some football and basketball games. Little did I know that he was getting things together for my birthday. Sunday comes along and we go to church, come home, ate, and I took a nap. This is when I should have known something was up. We had ham for dinner, It was so good that I wanted another piece. Travis was going on about how full he was...I thought it was kinda odd because they were small pieces and we hadn't eaten anything. He was saying things to keep me from eating that second piece. He said some wrong things that made me feel horrible, but after he apologized he let me have the other piece. I shouldn't have. Later after we ate I decided to take a nap. Again, Travis was like, "just take one for an hour, I want to spend time with you." I thought it was a little fishy because as everyone knows, Sunday is when the football games are on and that is the day Travis gets to watch them without me saying anything. Well I probably take a half hour nap. As soon as he saw that I was up he got me moving so I wasn't tired. He had me do a little cleaning with the help of him. He said that his friend Tyler and Cole might be coming over. Well I don't want anyone to look at my house if it is even the slightest bit messy so we just tidied stuff up. He gets a phone call saying that they would be here soon and were wondering about a VCR player. Travis thought there was one down in the club house. He was very adimit about me going with him. As we start walking to the club house, I notice my in-laws vehicle. I asked Travis about it but he kept walking and saying no. Then I saw my parents vehicle...again he said no. We walk in and I see my dad's coat. Even after that I don't piece things together. I come to the opening of the room and it just came on so fast. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" Everyone started saying.

Travis threw me a surprise party!!! I was definitely surprised. All of my family was there, all of Travis's family, and his friends. It was so much fun. A little later Travis gave me a gift. It was a gorgeous necklace (heart with real diamonds in it). I was in love. I could not have asked for a better husband. I have not stopped wearing it (except when I sleep). We all ended up eating and then playing pool and games. Hence why he didn't want me to eat that second piece. I had a blast. It was definitely a surprise. After everyone left, Katelyn, Nathan, and Brittney spent the night. We played scum for a couple hours. I was extrememly exhausted after everything. Thank you Travis. You are amazing.

He didn't stop there though. Monday I had to work until 12 and then after that we headed to Idaho Falls. We played games with his family and had fun. We went to dinner after. Texas Road House. Can you say DELISH? Oh my Lanta was it good. I love their steaks. It is my new favorite.

I honestly had the best birthday EVER. Travis is the best husband anyone could ever ask for. I love him so much and am grateful for everthing that he does for me. I really don't know how I am going to pull off his birthday to be even half as good as he did. I do have a few ideas though which I am extremely excited about. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment