Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Weekend

This is Travis and I's second halloween together. I'm going to be honest that it is definitely not my favorite holiday. I'm sure I will love it when I have kids, but right now it just seems like another day. I'm not one of those people to go get all dressed up or go to those horrible dances that are around here. I went about 3 years ago, stood in line, and then decided to leave because there were pretty much naked people running around and the guy that came in line behind me definitely was smoking something other than a cigarette. The past two years have been pretty fun though. Travis's dad is an amazing cook and both years we have gone to their house and then down to the block party where there is a ton of food to eat. This year his dad cooked funnel cakes. Yum!! There were other goodies like nachos, hot dogs, french fries, chili, and of course candy. They would just set up little stations and then the kids of the neighborhood and their parents would go around the subdivision trick or treating and then stop by to get some food. Travis helped his dad make the cakes so we stayed for quite some time. After awhile we went to Grandma's house and played risk with the cousins and the rest of Travis's siblings. It was alot of fun. We spent the night and attended church with everyone and then headed on back to Grandma's. She goes away around Thanksgiving and Christmas to sell jewlery so she decided to have an early Thanksgiving/Christmas. We at a grand old dinner and then opened a few presents. One thing she decided to do this year was to give everyone something to go do some service. I thought it was a fantastic idea. She gave each family stuffed animals to take to a shelter home or hospital or somewhere else where they would appreciate them. She also gave each family a little bit of money to go buy a Turkey for a widdow like President Monson did or to buy a gift for someone that is having a hard time. Travis and I decided on the car ride home that we are going to get a gift because we don't know hardly anyone in Rexburg. I'm super excited for this. I love doing little service projects to brighten someone's day. This Halloween weekend was definitely a fun and exhausting one. I can't wait until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment