Friday, November 9, 2012

If I had a Quarter...

Ever since the first day I met Travis he has always had little phrases that crack me up.
"You're the cat's pajama's"
"Just Reppin"
"Too Big"
"If I had a Quarter"
Yes, I have caught on to them and use them ever so frequently.
Well, I am going to let you all hear my version today of "If I had a quarter."
 
If I had a quarter for everytime I hear the F-bomb as I go outside from the workcamp next door...I would have at least $3.50 (and still counting).
 
If I had a quarter for everytime a guy escaped from the workcamp (that we live next door to) while we  have lived here...I would have $0.50. (Luckily we have been out of town both times)
 
If I had a quarter for everytime I had to call the Sheriff's office about a noise complaint from the skatepark behind our apartment because the entire apartment was shaking and I couldn't even hear myself think... I would have $0.25. (Funny story with that, they kids must have been doing something they shouldn't have been, because as soon as the cop showed up, they sped away faster than fast with the cop chasing them). "Too Big"
 
If I had a quarter for everytime a stupid car has pulled out in front of me in St. Anthony...I would have at least $2.00 (and still counting).
 
If I had a quarter for everytime I have honked my horn at those who have pulled out in front of me in St. Anthony... I would have $0.75.
 
If I had a quarter for everytime I have seen someone drive there lawnmower down the street as if it was their car in St. Anthony... I would have $0.50. "Too Big"
 
If I had a quarter for everytime Travis and I have been accused of smoking Marijuana in St. Anthony... I would have $0.25.
Yes, that is right! Our old crazy neighbor lady above us thinks that she can smell marijuana and that it is coming from our apartment. So what does she do, she has the lady across from us (who is in our ward) come talk to us to just make sure that we are not, and to let us know that she has threatened to call Child Protective Services if she doesn't talk to us. MY FREAK!! Come talk to us yourself!! You will see that we are normal, nice, friendly people that would never in their right mind smoke, especially with a child. Yeah, I'm a little twirped at the crazy lady.
Travis is such a good husband and so what does he do...Oh, he just dismisses it because she is crazy and shovels off her car after the foot of snowfall we got a couple weeks ago. Yeah, I married the greatest man in the world!
 
Yes the list could go on and on and the quarters keep adding up.
Lets just say I CANNOT wait to get out of St. Anthony. Don't get me wrong. I love my apartment, I love my landlord, I love my ward, and a few of my neighbors, but this town sucks. No one can drive, no one is polite, it just is not where I want Kennley to grow up.
That is a total of $7.75 (and still counting) too many's!

No comments:

Post a Comment