We paid a little visit to the Hospital on Saturday and I thought I would write down my experience for journaling purposes. Lets back up a little though and start from the beginning.
About 36 weeks, I started having really bad pains in my lower abdomen and ended up getting checked at the doctor. He said I was 1 centimeter and 50% effaced. He also said that her head was down and pretty low. Yeah, I thought I would go any day after that. Nope!
I had another doctor's appointment a week later and was so looking forward to some good news, something like ,"you are a 5 and 90% effaced." Nope! I had not progressed any.
I had another doctor's appointment a week later and was so looking forward to some good news, something like ,"you are a 5 and 90% effaced." Nope! I had not progressed any.
At this point I'm getting a little frustrated. I really want this girl to come.
I have loved being pregnant, but as soon as 36 weeks hit, my being comfortable has completely gone out the window, and my bathroom breaks have become a constant thing.
I have loved being pregnant, but as soon as 36 weeks hit, my being comfortable has completely gone out the window, and my bathroom breaks have become a constant thing.
Well, Saturday (38 weeks exactly) I had the really bad lower abdomen pain again and I felt like my stomach was a constant rock. This lasted all day.
About 6:30pm, I decided to call the hospital to see if I should come in. They said yes! Yes? Oh my was I excited. I knew that tonight would be the night. Nope!
We get there and they immediately hook me up to machines to monitor the baby and to see if I was having contractions.
I was having contractions the entire time we were there, 2-3 minutes apart.
About 6:30pm, I decided to call the hospital to see if I should come in. They said yes! Yes? Oh my was I excited. I knew that tonight would be the night. Nope!
We get there and they immediately hook me up to machines to monitor the baby and to see if I was having contractions.
I was having contractions the entire time we were there, 2-3 minutes apart.
I was all excited because I knew that if they were that close then that meant the baby was coming soon. Nope!
I was hooked up for over an hour and they were still constant, however they were not very painful, just VERY uncomfortable. They told me the pain I was having, was from little miss Kennley getting into postition.
After about an hour, the nurse decided to check to see how dialated I was. She told me 3-4. Oh was I excited until she said that she is learning still and wanted another nurse to check as well to make sure.
I was hooked up for over an hour and they were still constant, however they were not very painful, just VERY uncomfortable. They told me the pain I was having, was from little miss Kennley getting into postition.
After about an hour, the nurse decided to check to see how dialated I was. She told me 3-4. Oh was I excited until she said that she is learning still and wanted another nurse to check as well to make sure.
All I could think was Please, oh Please be right. She said if I was 3-4 they would start me walking. NOPE!
She gave me the news I was still only a 1. So they sent me home.
You have GOT to be kidding me!
Lets just say I have been very frustrated now. More because these contractions have not gone away. The timing will move around every once in awhile, but I'm still getting at least 6 within an hour.
Right now I have had 8 in a row, exactly 2 minutes apart. They don't hurt though.
I go to the doctor here in the next few hours. All I ask is that I have progressed and they send me to the hospital to have her.
PLEASE KENNLEY COME TODAY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment