Friday, November 4, 2011

I thought I had a slight case...

I use to think I had a slight case of road rage.
That is until I moved to Saint Anthony.
I have come to the realization that I have a full fledged case of it.
Lets begin from the start...
There is only 1 stop light in the town on main street. It is amazing to me how many people have no clue how to use it, who has the right of way, and all that jazz that deals with a traffic light. Come on people it is not that difficult! I have laid on my horn several different times because some think that just because they are turning right, they can go whenever they please. There is a reason why there is a green light and a red light.
There are several streets that take you from Bridge street, clear up to 9th West without any stop signs, and you have the right of way going through intersections. The other streets in those intersections have yield signs. That means that you do not have the right of way. Again there have been many instances where I have had to lay on my horn because they don't feel the need to pay attention to those signs.
Speed is another great trigger to my road rage. I don't think they understand the concept of what a speed limit is. I swear they think that sign means to go 10 under whatever is given.
The final thing that has also triggered my road rage is when there is road construction. It is as if they lost there heads, not knowing what to do. The cones you can tell make them nervous so going 25 under makes it a little more easier on them. 
Don't get me started on getting on the highway when there is construction. That is a whole other mind blowing struggle they deal with.
Yes I absolutely love our apartment in Saint Anthony, and yes I love our ward, but I would rather not have to deal with the drivers. Yes, not all of them are like this and are actually very good drivers.
Yeah, I thought I had a slight case of road rage, until I moved to Saint Anthony, but who can blame me?

1 comment:

  1. girl. I love this post...but Saint Anthony...lol really? lol Try moving to the nations capitol and driving on a 7 lane highway with almost a million people...literally...on the road all at once trying to get to the same place and NO ONE is nice EVER and will NEVER let you in and cut you off and ride you too close and all that jazz...just saying....these people do NOT know how to drive out here...

    ReplyDelete