Friday, March 19, 2010

How It All Began!

I figured I would tell how I met the love of my life. It is quite a funny story but totally ment to be. Well May 30, 2009, My wonderful friends, Mercedes, Jessica, and I were going to hang out with some boys we had met at an all area singles ward party. We had talked with one of them previously and told us we would hang out in Rexburg. When we finally arrived, we called him but he said he was sick and could not hang out. It sounded a little fishy so we decided to go to Porter Park where we thought they might be. We arrived and wouldn't you know it. There he was with his friends playing basketball. Staying hidden in the car we decided to make him feel guilty or a little nervous. We got out of the car and went over by some trees quite a distance away, but we could still see them clearly. They couldn't see us. Mercedes text him and said if he starts feeling better that he should come to Porter Park because that is where we are. As soon as she text him that, we saw him read it and then all of them just up and left. We were all pretty ticked. Just then two guys walked by (Travis and his friend Justin.) Mercedes ran up to them and asked if she could vent. She started telling them about what had happened. They seemed like they were not interested at all but they stayed and listened. After her spill we all started talking and getting to know each other. I really thought Travis was cute and wanted to get to know him more. We continued walking and talking and after awhile we got each others numbers and we left. I was so glad I got his number. We continued to text and started hanging out. June 24 was the day that Travis and I started officially dating, I also got my first kiss that night. Throughout our dating I knew he was the one. August 24 he took me back to where we first met and proposed. We danced to our song, "Then" by Brad Paisley. It was perfect and unexpected. November 21, 2009 we were sealed for time and all eternity in the Idaho Falls Temple.
I am so greatful for my wonderful husband. It is amazing to me how things happen. Travis is my life, my world, my joy. I love him so much and so glad we have started our beautiful life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment