Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mountain West Tournament! (Vegas)

     Travis and I decided a few months ago that we were going to go to the Mountain West Tournament this year. It was in vegas and we thought it would be a lot of fun because that would be the farthest place we have ever been together. Well we booked our hotel and bought our tickets and invited Travis's friend Tyler and his dad Lloyd. On Tuesday, March 8, we headed to Utah. My brother was entering the MTC the next day so we decided that we would leave right after we dropped him off. We finally got into vegas around 6 and finished buying our tickets. We spent that night walking the strip and just enjoying the cool lights. It DEFINITELY is an interesting city. I have never seen so many drunk people in my life. 
The main reason why we went though was to watch the Tourny. It was SO much fun. We went to all the boys games (7 in all). It was definitely a lot of sitting and watching, but it was so worth it (even though BYU lost against SDSU). One of the most interesting things that happened though was that I almost got mugged my some New Mexico fans. If you can picture little me surrounded by 4 HUGE Hispanics trying to grab tickets out of my wallet. Here is the story behind it...Travis had two extra tickets that he was keeping for our dentist who was going to buy them from us when they got there. Well there were a lot of scalpers and people asking for tickets once it was declared that BYU would play New Mexico. Travis was a little curious as to what people were willing to pay. So he decides to ask these 4 guys what they were willing to pay. They wanted to see our tickets and so I had to get into my purse and get my wallet. All the sudden I was completely surrounded. I had my wallet out and their hands started touching it and trying to get the tickets out themselves. NO WAY was I going to let them grab them. I hurried and gave them to Travis so he could talk to them. They started throwing hundred dollar bills at him and trying to grab the tickets. We could have obviously gotten a lot more out of them then we got but we promised our dentist and we weren't going to break it. I guess that is what we get for being curious.
       Other than the experience, we had a great time. We were heading back on Sunday and so we spent Saturday going to buffets, the final game, going through stores, and walking the strip. It definitely was so much fun. I want to go back so that we can go to shows and do some real shopping.
The Thomas & Mack Center were the Tourny was at.

All the Mountain West Cheerleaders and Dancers performing together.

BYU warming up.

Travis won a I-Pod Nano playing the mtn. Mayhem.

Statue of Liberty made out of Jelly Beans

Treasure Island Hotel

The Mirage Volcano Show

Looking out our hotel window. All that greenery is a full size golf course with a lake in the middle.
Hard Rock Cafe

M&M Store


At the Famous "Pawn Stars" pawn shop. Check out the show on the History Channel.

Bellagio  Fountains


Famous Vegas Sign

Travis, Tyler, and I 

No comments:

Post a Comment